Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our first get together

To pursue my husband with the same kind of and intensity of passion that I did when we were dating or even more. Is that possible in marriage? I have heard 'yes'. Is it common? I don't think so. Can we make it more common? Yes, we can; one choice at a time. I am up for the challenge. What does that look like do you think?

A joke with a purpose: The mayor and his wife walk into a community function and sit down a little later in walks the wife's high school sweetheart. The mayor leans over to his wife and whispers, 'Just think if you had of married him you would have been a carpenters wife.' His wife replies, 'No, I would have been the mayor's wife.'

I suppose this joke could be taken several ways but I see it like this. A wife has incredible power to help a husband be successful, to achieve his dreams and to meet a potential he had never imagined or she has the power to squash his spirit, crush his confidence and destroy his desire to dream. I want to be the former.

This is my purpose in marriage: To have a GREAT marriage relationship, to learn how to help my husband to be the very best, most confident person he can be, to learn how to be his biggest fan.

I expect to find a wonderful joy and freedom in this. Do you think this kind of attitude or expectation of a wife is confining or limiting or..? I have no problem with hearing conflicting views.



For discussion in the 3rd week of February we are reading the Introduction and Chapter one of "The proper care and feeding of Husbands".

No comments:

Post a Comment